Transit challenges are front and center in the design phase of the Long Range Transportation Plan. The average age of area citizens is rising and dial-a-ride use is increasing. Funding and route efficiency were the hot topics at the March workshop.
Click below to see the slides from the Transit Visioning Workshop and think about the following questions:
- Who are the main clients of our bus service in the area?
- What does our current service do well and what are the challenges?
- Would you support a revised fare policy if it meant keeping or expanding service?
Growth and Development
Click below to see the slides from our final presentation at the March workshop. These slides present in detail the ideas so far with respect to the growth and development of the Casper area transportation system and how we see it fitting in with business development, safety, active transportation, and the future of the Casper area.
Think about these key questions:
- Would you prefer to grow the Casper area on the edges or fill gaps within the already established neighborhoods?
- Are there any key areas you would like to suggest for development? And what do you believe is feasible or desired in these areas?
Safety and Congestion
Safety and ease of use continue to rise to the top of area citizen’s values when it comes to transportation in Mills, Evansville, Casper and Bar Nunn.
- Do these values line up with yours? Why or why not?
- What are some specific areas of concern when it comes to transportation safety?
- What projects have improved safety where you work or live?
- Do you believe Evansville, Bar Nunn, Casper or Mills have congestion issues? Can you identify a specific location where congestion is an issue for you?
“Whether you’re 8 or 80 years old, cities should work for everyone.” The 8 80 city concept provides a strong foundation for our developing ideas on how Casper, Mills, Evansville and Bar Nunn can be planned to work for all people of all ages using all modes of transportation.
Click below to see the slides from Complete Streets Visioning at the March workshop and think about the following:
- What are the advantages and challenges of the existing Casper area trail and sidewalk network?
- What do you value in the future network?
- Where are the critical gaps in existing facilities?